A little deeper: more Old Testament references to God’s goodness.
Read these verses slowly and think about the picture of God that they paint:
- Psalm 36:7 How precious is Your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings.
- Psalm 62:11-12 God has spoken plainly, and I have heard it many times: Power, O God, belongs to You; unfailing love, O Lord, is Yours.
- Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God of compassion and mercy, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.
- Psalm 109:26 Help me, O LORD my God! Save me because of Your unfailing love.
- Psalm 116:5 How kind the LORD is! How good He is! So merciful, this God of ours!
- Psalm 136:2 Give thanks to the God of gods. His faithful love endures forever.
- Nehemiah 1:5 Then I said, “O LORD, God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps His covenant of unfailing love with those who love Him and obey His commands,
- Daniel 9:4 I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed: “O Lord, you are a great and awesome God! You always fulfill Your covenant and keep Your promises of unfailing love to those who love You and obey Your commands.
- Zephaniah 3:17 For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty saviour. He will take delight in You with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
- What is the picture of God and His goodness in these verses? What words describe Him in these OT passages?