Reading the Bible on our own
- Do you set aside a ‘quiet time’ to read the Bible and to hear God? Maybe you feel this is an old-fashioned idea – you’ll find it is right back in fashion. And probably always will be.
- How do you fit a quiet time (or similar) into your life (no right or wrong approaches)?
- Do you prefer to read, or to listen to an audio Bible being read?
- What else do you do e.g. do you have a Bible you can underline or mark up, or do you keep a journal and write down what speaks to you; or a diary that combines prayer and Bible and other things?
- Do you use a printed Bible (your own or shared), a Bible on your smartphone or other device, a daily Bible study as part of your Bible app like You Version, a Bible study your church sends by the internet?
- Who do you share with to discuss what you are learning, what you have questions about, what you feel God is saying?